Date Posted: Apr 6, 2021
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 4412
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Specialty: Palliative Care & Hospice
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 25301004835079-Palliative Care Services
Location: AH Cabarrus Main - 920 Church St N
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite YOU to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our Palliative Care team in Concord, NC
Atrium Health Palliative Services provides clinical services that reflect the organizations philosophy and mission: to promote comprehensive, compassionate care for all living with serious illness. Join the growing Palliative Team who cover inpatient, outpatient, and hospice care. We are seeking an experienced Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join their growing inpatient team at Atrium Health Cabarrus in Concord, NC.
• Atrium Health Palliative Services is primarily inpatient palliative care with outpatient Palliative resources
• Join interdisciplinary team with collegial relationships that foster team oriented care; Strong referral base
• Full-time position- Mon - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
• Shared call – nights and weekends, rotating schedule every 6-8 weeks
• Program hosts medical students, residents and APP fellows
• Palliative Care and Hospice experience preferred, including care of with complex, chronic and/or patients with a serious illness and those at end of life
• Board certification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine required within 18 months of hire
This practice is committed to team oriented care and education as this program hosts medical students, residents and APP fellows. This position includes an interdisciplinary team approach consisting of an MD, APP, RN/LPN and SW's. Patient and family support provided by skilled Social Workers. The Atrium Health Palliative Care is a well-established inpatient palliative care team, with specialized training and experience in Hospice and Palliative Care to provide this important care to patients and patients' families with a serious illness. The focus of this position is to enhance access to Palliative Care services to meet the need of our most vulnerable patients and families in the community and to align with Atrium Health goal’s to improve the health of at risk population.
Atrium Health Cabarrus is a regional 457-bed, not-for-profit hospital in Concord, NC. More than 4,200 hospital employees provide services through an extensive inpatient and outpatient network.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.