Date Posted: Apr 6, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 4120
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 26511039132063-Cardiology - Pediatric
Location: MCP - 1001 Blythe Blvd
Coordinates and schedules patients. Ensures productivity and maximum utilization of available rooms, cardiovascular specialists, physicians and patient escorts, while minimizing procedural room downtime.
· Coordinates and schedules patients. Inputs pertinent patient data and updates changes into the system.
· Triages patients for proper placement in procedure rooms.
· Obtains appropriate medical records and labs from referring offices.
· Communicates directly with appropriate personnel regarding patient status and readiness for procedure.
· Monitors the schedule throughout the day to ensure efficient utilization of the procedure rooms. Ensures maximum utilization of all holding areas.
· Ensures that all rooms are appropriately staffed throughout the day.
Work requires sitting, walking, bending, stooping, and standing for long periods of time. Work occurs in an office setting. Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English is essential. Must be able to lift and support 50 pounds in handling medical equipment and supplies. The ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. 1-year billing experience preferred. Cardiology
experience and medical terminology preferred. Must be BLS certified.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
· Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
· Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
· Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Computer, copier and office equipment operations. All other related office and medical