BIM Specialist - FT Days
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 4887
Job Family: Facilities Management
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 81021028341812-Building Information Modeling Management
Location: 900 Center Park Drive
The Building Information Modeling (BIM) Specialist position interfaces with Architects, Engineers, Contractors, and multiple Departments, including regional facilities directors for all construction projects. The BIM Specialist manages 3 dimensional models for construction, digital construction coordination and project documentation. The BIM Specialist also supports Architects/Engineers, Project Managers and multiple Departments in all disciplines through a variety of tasks including project model reviews at all major milestones of construction, as-built model transfer and extracting embedded model information such as equipment lists, area calculations, and helps with barrier management code reviews.
- Assists with the software selection, software management, software testing and reviews for BIM application platforms for the System, which includes over 20 different software programs including 3D modeling programs, 4D scheduling programs, and 5D cost estimating.
- Manages over 16 million square feet of existing facility models using Autodesk AEC Collection software.
- Modifies existing 3D models.
- Creates Revit MEP and Navisworks coordination models as required.
- Maintains Archibus space management information within the 3D models.
- Coordinates document distribution to customer, job site and vendors.
- Coordinates with staff and customers orally and in writing.
- Assists in the maintenance and connectivity between the models and BIM SharePoint site.
- Coordinates project close out with Project and Construction Management and reviewing embedded model data for content and accuracy.
- Manages BIM 360 cloud based collaborative project sites.
Works primarily in an office environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Associates Degree from an accredited college in Architectural Design. 2 years experience in engineering or construction industry may be substituted for educational requirements and 2 years of Revit experience.