This job posting is no longer active.
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 5015
Department Name: 51011028342302-Human Resources Talent Acquisition and Workforce Admininstration
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
To apply for this opportunity, please use our partner, Wake Forest Baptist Health’s, careers page by copying and pasting the URL below.
JOB SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, responsible for the supervision of assigned payroll personnel in the preparation and distribution of Medical Center payrolls. Provides support in the preparation and submission of payroll taxes, monthly, quarterly and annual, federal and state forms and reporting. Ensures proper compliance with the various federal, state, and local laws affecting the maintenance and retention of all payroll related records. Monitors payroll departmental procedures and processes to ensure proper internal control/policy compliance and engage in process improvements when necessary.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field with three years of payroll or accounting experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with a medical center payroll environment preferred. Experience with analytical review, account reconciliation and, compliance rules and regulations preferred. Kronos TimeKeeping experience preferred. Oracle Cloud HCM experience a plus.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Certified Payroll Professional preferred.
1. Guides, leads, and supervises the payroll process through completion according to processing timeline goals.
2. Responsible for supervising the completion of account audits and facilitation of various payroll wage verifications, check distribution, process documentation and file maintenance.
3. Provides administrative oversight and directs supervision to assigned personnel. This includes hiring, promotions, transfers, merits, completing annual performance reviews and approving employee-requested time off. Coordinates, reviews, and approves daily work of assigned staff.
4. Researches laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll procedures and makes appropriate recommendations. Full knowledge and responsibility of assisting with the non-resident aliens payroll procedures and IRS regulations and filing deadlines.
5. Uses knowledge of legal laws and regulations affecting Payroll and Human Resources to ensure internal policies, procedures and reporting are all in compliance.
6. Works with internal and external clients and departments to answer questions, resolve issues, provide required reports, obtain and share information related to payroll or payroll procedures.
7. Partners with Staff Compensation to make sure special pay practices are applied to appropriate job codes and/or individual employees within FLSA and consistent legal guidelines.
8. Performs and/or supervises the performance of account reconciliation functions with payroll runs for monthly, quarter and yearly balancing.
9. Supervises and/or assists in preparing payroll related materials and reports for external regulatory and auditor review.
10. Performs various tasks as assigned by Director.
Generic Job Description
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge of payroll regulations
Knowledge of IRS, DOL, FLSA, and Publication 15 requirements and/or regulations related to payroll
Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Ability to work both independently and in a team
Organizational and time management skills
Supervisor experience preferred
Clean, well-lit, comfortable office setting
Subject to pressure and deadlines
Occasionally subject to irregular hours due to deadline