Date Posted: Mar 26, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 4808
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 26521017240504-Administration - Operations
Location: Charlotte - 2709 Water Ridge Pkwy
Partners with senior leaders and department leaders to support breakthrough improvements in outcomes within cardiac imaging across the enterprise, including all regions. Advances the skill and complexity of the types of studies that we do across cardiology footprint and ensuring consistently of results, standards of work. Serves as a mentor and developer of teammate performance within the service line, including cardiovascular imaging quality with a primary focus on echocardiography but may also include cardiac computed tomography (CCT), cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) and nuclear cardiology. Emphasis will be placed on development of protocols in imaging ; the deployment of quality methodology; change management; and problem solving.
· Leads large scale process improvement and change management implementations using advanced quality tools and methods.
· Oversees the rollout of new procedures and updated protocols to support accreditation and quality initiatives.
· Evaluates and quantifies echo outcomes in terms of imaging acquisition, optimal use of technology, report generation and accuracy.
· Supports leadership to implement strategy deployment and process improvement for assigned areas within cardiology imaging across the system.
· Implements a change management culture to all levels of the assigned organization.
· Coaches mid-level and senior executives on quality leadership and manages culture change throughout the assigned organization.
· Facilitate strategy development with executive stakeholders.
· Ensures optimal strategies are in place for outcome confidence and peer review (e.g. audits of reports, mentorship/development program, etc.).
· Evaluates workflow and throughput at each facility to ensure that processes and practices for sonographers are optimized for effectiveness, efficiency and service. working smarter not harder by
· Standardizing procedures, image capture, billing, and reporting.
· Quantifies the current use of ultrasound enhancing agents at each site and identify sites/techs that are not using the agent when appropriate. Identify barriers and methods to eliminate those barriers.
· Works directly with the Medical Director to quantify and assist with tech peer review and documentation
· Monitors and manages key performance indicators for imaging outcomes for all sites (e.g. Contrast utilization, Reporting Errors, Peer Review, Correlation data, Pharmacologic usage versus exercise (nuclear and echo))
· Reports on quality initiatives at national cardiovascular imaging societies such as the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE) and assist the medical director in creating touchstone applications.
Physical Requirements Intermittent to rapid pace with high pressure situations, requiring periods of prolonged concentration, and critical thinking. Frequent travel to multiple locations required. Work requires walking, standing, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling medical equipment, and supplies. Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English is essential. Intact sense of sight, hearing, touch, manual dexterity, and good eye hand coordination. Potential exposure to radiation. Confined work area.
Education, Experience and CertificationsBachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred. 5 years experience in health care imaging required, 3 years experience preferred in facilitating transformation in quality programs and/or operations management experience required. Experience in operational methods, tools, strategies and philosophies required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required. ACLS required. Successful completion of certification or registry in Echocardiography (RDCS), and satisfactory completion of a cardiac ultrasound training program required. Advanced Cardiac Sonographer (ACS) credentials preferred. Demonstrated experience in executive level stakeholder management preferred. Strong capability in data analytics, ability to utilize data for problem solving, and root cause analysis preferred. Experience with executive level stakeholders and management consulting with focus on process improvement, quality programming, and change preferred. Proven track record of achieving breakthrough results through implementation of large-scale projects and value-added change preferred.