Supervisor - Activity - Huntersville Oaks
This job posting is no longer active.
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2021
Huntersville, NC, United States
Job ID: 4636
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 43511033037708-Recreation Therapy
Location: Huntersville - 12019 Verhoeff Dr
Supervises the Activity Department. Prepares monthly activity program which promotes the physical, mental and psychosocial individual needs and interests of the residents, based on quarterly assessments. Supervises, trains and evaluates employees, conducting personnel appraisals, counseling, focusing on labor time management.
- Manages overall productivity of the department, motivates staff to effectively execute and accomplish established goals.
- Documents activities reflecting the resident's level of participation and therapeutic benefit of the activity with regard to the age and level of cognitive functioning of the resident.
- Assists with planning and coordination of facility-wide special events and assumes responsibility for transportation, and outings.
- Develops the activity program with allocated budget, maintains receipts and supporting documents for monthly expense report.
- Reconciles monthly performance reports and other reports requested by leadership.
- Manages facility volunteer program, coordinates and implements orientation.
- Processes payroll.
Must speak English and be able to communicate effectively with residents, visitors and staff. Must have good general vision and hearing, as well as excellent verbal skills and fine motor coordination (finger dexterity), for writing and phone use. Must be able to tolerate prolonged sitting, extensive walking and standing, and occasional lifting. Work in direct resident care area. Work with residents who exhibit a wide variety of disabilities and/or functional levels. Requires lifting, bending, pushing wheelchairs and geri-chairs, and handling equipment. Requires ability to move freely throughout the facility. Requires full range of body motion including bending, stooping, and prolonged standing. Maintaining composure in a busy environment is essential. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemical or blood and body fluids.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred. Qualified Activity Professional required. 2 years experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years required. Management experience preferred.