Surgical Technologist I - Maternity (Part-Time Nights)
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 4064
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11081005630908-Nursing - Maternity
Location: AH Union Main - 600 Hospital Drive
The Surgical Technologist l/OB in the Operating Room applies surgical technology skills to assist in providing patient care in the surgical suite under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Under the guidance of the RN, coordinates the multidisciplinary activities required to provide the highest standard of care for the perioperative patient including providing a safe environment for the patient.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of aseptic technique and its application.
- Assists in obtaining and organizing supplies and instruments prior to each surgical case maintaining the sterility of the surgical environment.
- Assists Registered Nurse circulator in preparation of patient and Operating Room as requested.
- Performs surgical scrub duties according to department policy and procedure.
- Performs sponge, instrument and needle counts procedure.
- Provides the surgeon with requested instruments, supplies and equipment in a timely fashion.
- Assists with maintenance of stock supply levels including monitoring out-of-date supplies for assigned OR.
- Assists circulating RN with proper distribution of all specimens.
Must be able to lift and support the weight of 51 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell and touch. Finger dexterity. Excellent critical thinking skills. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Completion of a recognized Operating Technology Program or equivalent experience. Prior surgical technologist experience and/or training preferred. Must be able to use surgical instruments and equipment. Possess strong knowledge of essentials of sterile technique. Required Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA.