Intermediate Statistician - LCI
Date Posted: Mar 19, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 3630
Job Family: Research Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011036640418-Bio Statistics - LCI
Location: LCI - 1021 Morehead Medical Dr
Recommends and implements advanced statistical and computational methodologies to answer questions that further promote the long-term overall success of the organization and the health of our communities. Analyzes large data sets from various sources in order to create predictive models and evaluate trends. Educates and communicates with business users regarding the impact and application of advanced statistical methods to healthcare data.
- Uses advanced statistical and computational methodologies to deliver insights and strategic opportunities to improve the quality, patient experience, and cost of healthcare.
- Establishes scalable, efficient, and automated processes for large scale data analyses and model development, validation, and implementation.
- Monitors and analyzes complex systems to understand, diagnose, and continuously improve key performance indicators.
- Assists with the design of research protocols including sample size calculations and randomization.
- Writes statistical methodologies and results for technical reports and publications. Develops metrics and scorecards.
- Provides data and analyses for the preparation of grants for outside funding, and assists as appropriate with the preparation of proposals.
- Manipulates, combines, and refines large databases to produce information suitable for analysis.
- Creates graphics for data visualization and information display.
- Works with researchers to shape and direct research questions.
- Develop programs to create high quality tables, listings, and graphs for data visualization and information display.
- Collaborate with clinical study teams and Levine Cancer Institute clinical trial monitors on database quality reviews.
- Collaborate with study teams in support of development of manuscripts, abstracts, posters, presentations, and other data disclosures.
- Stay current on innovations regarding statistical design and analysis of oncology studies and implement improvements to the Department's activities as appropriate.
Most of work in office environment using office equipment (computers, copiers, etc). Requires sitting and working at the computer.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field required. 3 years professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master's Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field required.