Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 4619
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342209-Teammate Health
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
The Corporate Director of Teammate Health directs the policy and procedure development and implementation regarding compliance with Teammate Health standards set by OSHA, CDC, TJC, DFS, state and local law, and other regulatory bodies. The Director works under the supervision of the Assistant Vice President of Teammate Health. This is a nurse leadership role that requires a degree in nursing to be considered for the position.
1. Assigns and supervises staff to perform departmental functions such as health assessments, drug and alcohol screening, immunization programs, TB and other medical surveillance, respiratory fit testing, exposure follow up, work fitness assessment in compliance with Corporate Teammate Health Policy.
2. Develops Corporate Teammate Health Policies and Procedures in the areas of health assessments, drug and alcohol screening, immunization programs, TB and other medical surveillance, respiratory fit testing, exposure follow up, and fitness for duty assessment.
3. Supervises the job performance of Teammate Health Nurses and Teammate Health Technicians.
4. Maintains policy and procedures in compliance with regulations issued by state and federal agencies, i.e. OSHA, CDC, ADA, TJC, under the direction and guidance of the AVP of Teammate Health and in consultation with the Occupational Health Physician, the Medical Review Officer and Atrium Health Senior Administration.
5. Partners with other departments, subject matter experts, and external agencies to deliver collaborative and successful solutions to health and safety concerns.
6. Evaluates the cost of implementation of Teammate Health Policies and Procedures, the service provider by vendors, and the cost of supplies used to provide cost efficient and effective Teammate Health service.
7. Researches, issues and prepares reports and recommendations for annual BBP Reports, Drug Screening Reports, and others as requested or as needed for development of Teammate Health policy and practice.
8. Chairs or participates on System committees or task forces dealing with Teammate Health related services and practice.
9. Chairs the Drug Diversion Steering Committee for Primary Enterprise
10. Supervises Facility Teammate Health Nurses of owned facilities and provides functional advice in the development and implementation of facility-specific programs to promote a safe and healthy workforce realizing the ever-changing health and safety needs of the population and the technologies evolving to meet these needs.
11. Designs and develops Teammate Health education and development opportunities for continued professional growth and enrichment of Teammate Health professionals.
12. Obtains continuing education via professional organizations, reading current professional literature and regulations pertinent to occupational health and the welfare of health care workers.
Must exhibit trunk and extremity mobility and strength. Physical capacity, visual acuity and manual dexterity for reaching, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting, pushing and pulling heavy loads applying proper body mechanics. Must be able to deal with teammates in potentially stressful situations such as terminations, those impaired by drug or alcohol use, or teammates with behavioral problems. Extended hours do occur. Works in an office environment which requires sitting and standing. Must work in a safe manner following all Atrium Health policies and procedures.
Education, Training, and Experience:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science Degree preferred. Management experience and or Occupational Health Nursing experience preferred. Licensed by North Carolina State Board of Licensure. Master’s degree required.
Patient Population Served:
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possessed the ability to respond to age specific issues and data reflective of the patient’s status. Demonstrated the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the following age groups:
-Adolescent -Adult -Older Adults