Assistant Vice President, Development
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 4505
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 81011005140501-Administration
Location: AH Foundation Main - 208 East Blvd
Provides leadership and oversight for planning and executing philanthropic campaigns for Atrium Health. Initial responsibilities will focus on executing strategies for the Giving Hope Campaign – the largest campaign in Charlotte’s history – with a goal of raising $500 million in support of multiple significant patient centered facilities, research and innovation initiatives, our educational mission, as well as our social impact strategy. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience coordinating campaign logistics, managing high level volunteers, and working collaboratively to achieve campaign goals.
- Encompasses the coordination of all aspects of daily philanthropic campaign activities, including but not limited to ensuring planning, implementation, and execution of campaign timeline milestones; volunteer management and communication; collaboration with communications team on production of campaign materials; and coordinating strategic touchpoints for key leaders.
- Assists in implementing the overall campaign strategy and communicating and executing these action plans.
- Educates and serves as liaison to campaign leaders.
- Serve as Foundation representative at Atrium Health programmatic and capital planning meetings.
- Interfaces with development team to ensure a general understanding of all campaign priorities and opportunities.
- Interfaces with stewardship team to ensure appropriate gift acknowledgement and donor recognition.
- Communicates with CFO and finance team to ensure adherence to gift acceptance policies and monitors fund guideline creation related to naming opportunities.
- Serves as a strategic partner to the Foundation President and senior leadership regarding all aspects of campaign management.
- Mentors and provides assistance to Atrium Health teammates on campaign advancement across service lines.
• Oversees the fund development of activities on behalf of programs and services as assigned.
• Engages in a broad range of fund development and other advancement activities as may be required.
- Lifting and moving items weighing up to twenty pounds related to events, etc.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Requires ability to work under pressure of frequent fundraising and special event deadlines.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s level college degree required. Graduate level degree or CFRE preferred.
- Appropriate credentials and memberships preferred.
- At least five years of progressive fund development and/or related advancement experience required with significant experience in major gifts. Healthcare experience strongly preferred.
Patient Population Served:
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possesses the ability to respond to age specific issues and data reflective of the patient’s status. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the following age groups:
Protected Health Information:
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written, and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.