Date Posted: Mar 11, 2021
Waxhaw, NC, United States
Job ID: 3816
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11081052339243-Radiology - Diagnostics
Location: Waxhaw - 2700 Providence Rd S Waxhaw
Performs procedures in accordance to the departmental protocols and standards in the radiology area. Operates CT Scanners and utilizes laser camera, processors, injectors, O2 and suction equipment.
• Examines requests and verifies orders on each assigned patientrefering any questionable orders to the Radiologist before performing procedure.
• Correlates prior exams, applicable test results, and lab data pertinent to exam being performed.
• Records medical history on requisition/questionnaire as needed for Radiologist and properly scans documents into HIS.
• Obtains medications, radiopharmaceuticals, or contrast materials as directed for administration by a licensed practitioner, authorized/certified technologist, or registered nurse.
• Prepares patient for the procedure and provides necessary instructions.
• Performs basic patient care functions and informs appropriate nursing personnel of any changes in the patient's condition.
• Evaluates technical quality of exams, develops and utilizes various techniques for elevated quality and efficiency within the department.
• Differentiates artifacts from anatomical or pathological structures and recognizes imaging abnormalities and performs additional imaging as needed.
Requires moderate to heavy physical efforts in lifting and moving patients, equipment and supplies. Required to assist all patients throughout their exam. Strenuous physical effort may be required while assisting patients from wheelchairs and stretchers. Work requires unrestricted walking, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, twisting, pushing and pulling. Must be able to read and understand patient orders and technical materials. Motor coordination needed to operate heavy and delicate equipment. Intact sense of sight and hearing for distances of up to 20 feet is necessary.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited 2 year AMA and ARRT-approved program in Radiologic Technology required. ARRT certification required. Registry eligible and must be taken within 1 year of hire date. 1 year experience in Diagnostic Radiology or 1 year experience in CT scanning or equivalent applicable experience required. BLS HCP certification from AHA required. 1 year of direct patient care work experience required. Completion of IV starting and contrast administration competencies are required before performing venous contrast administration.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
All related medical equipment, office equipment, particularly computer and telephone equipment and supplies.