Date Posted: Mar 5, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 4031
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Specialty: Critical Care
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 25181005430051-Intensive Care Program
Location: AH Pineville Main - 10628 Park Rd
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite YOU to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our Critical Care team at Pineville, NC.
Atrium Health, one of the most comprehensive public, not-for-profit healthcare systems in the nation, is actively recruiting a dynamic, Pulmonary/Critical Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for Pulmonary Critical Care at Atrium Health Pineville.
Our critical care professionals provide world-class compassionate care to seriously ill or injured patients with conditions that are life-threatening and who require continual monitoring and a comprehensive care plan. Our expert care team of trained physicians and advanced practice providers treat patients at one of our specialty intensive care units: Medical Intensive Care, Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Intensive Care. Intensivists provide supervision at this hospital. Duties will include: daily management of hemodynamically complex, respiratory-compromised, critically ill patients including those who have undergone cardiothoracic surgery. Experience with procedures including but not limited to: Insertion of chest tubes, insertion of central venous catheters (subclavian), insertion of pulmonary artery catheters, intra-aortic balloon pump removal, fiberoptic bronchoscopy, emergent/urgent endotracheal intubation, thoracentesis, paracentesis, insertion of percutaneous arterial lines, insertion of central venous catheters (femoral/internal jugular).
Details of this practice and qualified candidate:
• Work schedule – will consist of rotating days, nights, and weekends a total of 145 shifts per year with a minimum of 50% disruptive shifts (nights and weekends). This position will currently require a minimum of 22 weekends per year, this can be more if desired (more weekends than less nights).
• Service provides 24/7 coverage with a shift-based model. Shifts are 13 hours long and include weekdays, nights, night weekends, and holidays. All shifts are rotated equally among staff.
• Inpatient- Adults- 100%
• Pineville Practice environment with established group of 9 Pulmonary and Critical Care physicians and 6 APPs. Inpatient 24/7
• Graduation from an accredited ACNP or PA program.
• Nurse practitioners are required to have a master’s degree or doctorate in nursing practice. Certification as an ACNP from a nationally recognized certifying body is required.
• Physician Assistants with certification from the National Commission on Certification of PAs is required.
• Post graduate ICU fellowship or minimum of 2 years of experience with MICU and CTICU patients as an APP required.
• Interpersonal skills and critical thinking must be demonstrated.
• North Carolina license, North Carolina DEA, BLS and ACLS required.
Atrium Health Pineville is a 235 acute care facility located in Charlotte, NC. It has offered a personal brand of caring to southern Mecklenburg, York and Lancaster counties since its founding in 1987. We provide leading-edge healthcare in a local setting, offering open-heart surgery as part of the advanced cardiovascular program and innovative cancer care, including surgical and radiation oncology. Patients also have access to other highly specialized services such as robotic surgery, pediatric urology and neurosurgery.
In an era of building partnerships to benefit the health of a community, Atrium Health Pineville and the YMCA of Greater Charlotte have teamed up to provide health centers located inside the Harris, Harris Express, Siskey and Morrison YMCAs. This collaborative effort provides preventive health education and wellness programs to the community.
Pineville, NC provides great schools (private and public), housing options and a wealth of recreational activities including a commutable distance to Lake Wylie, greenway trails, a historic downtown, easy access to Carolina Place Mall and Charlotte Premium Outlets, great restaurants, the U.S. National Whitewater Center and the Charlotte Douglas International Airport. Pineville was also ranked #1 in Movoto’s list of top cities in the Charlotte area for young professionals. A growing population and a thriving economy, a great place to call home!
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.