Phlebotomist I - Phlebotomy Services - PT Nights
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 3531
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005039020-Phlebotomy Services
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Draws blood specimens by either venipuncture or capillary method. Prepares lab related paperwork including requisitions. Ensures that patient test samples are sent to appropriate laboratory. Ensures that appropriate diagnosis codes are on requisitions. Works under the direct supervision of MT's and MLT's.
- Interprets written test request. Uses 'vacutainer' tubes and needles and/or 'butterflies' for drawing venous blood. Uses micro lancets and capillary pipettes for obtaining blood by fingerstick.
- Determines proper tube (anticoagulant) for each blood specimen and correct order.
- Ensures appropriate and accurate patient contact, identification, record keeping and interpretation.
- Draws and processes blood and other specimens promptly.
- Uses PPE and other safety equipment effectively.
- Completes requisitions for specimens being sent to reference labs, ensuring that patient information is complete and appropriate diagnosis codes are indicated.
Works in an active environment interacting with physicians, healthcare teammates and patients. Works in areas that contains biohazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire and mechanical hazards. Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye to hand coordination. Frequent walking, sitting, bending and standing for extended periods of time. Lifts and carries items up to 25 pounds. Requires visual acuity and normal color perception.
High School Diploma or GED required. Successful completion of hospital on job training program for a Venipuncture Tech required.