Home Medical Equipment Respiratory Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Date Posted: Mar 5, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 3892
Job Family: Respiratory Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 43011008040501-Administration
Location: APC - 4425 Golf Acres Dr
Provides respiratory support activities including setup, delivery and maintenance of respiratory equipment. Provides fitting and instructs patient/caregivers on the use of respiratory and sleep equipment and pulmonary disease management.
- Provides education for patients and caregivers, on safe and proper use of respiratory/sleep equipment and supplies, as well as coaching for adherence to therapy.
- Performs accurate, complete and timely documentation and coordination of orders in compliance with policy and procedures, Board of Pharmacy, Joint Commission and DMEPOS standards.
- Performs equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and cleaning, and coordinates equipment repair and follow up with vendor and patients/caregivers.
- Maintains knowledge and expertise of all HME equipment provided by [email protected]
- Provides clinical training and orientation to respiratory care and sleep technologist regarding departmental policies, procedures and standards of practice in coordination with the Clinical Specialist.
- Works in coordination with intake specialist, schedulers, clinical specialist and HME managers to provide services for internal and external customers.
- Performs medical records research, gathers and reviews patient orders and documents from multiple EMR platforms.
Works in office, patient care areas and patient homes. Able to walk and stand to perform duties. Ability to lift 20-50 pounds. Ability to move patients of all age groups. Ability to drive to patients homes.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Certified by the NC and National Board of Respiratory Care or be current NC State licensed as a Respiratory Therapist or RN with competencies in respiratory services (as defined by Home Infusion and Equipment) required. SC State License as a Respiratory Care Practitioner preferred. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Experience with HME preferred. Current drivers license required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.