Date Posted: Mar 2, 2021
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 3097
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11111004943401-Dietary Services
Location: AH Cleveland Main - 201 E Grover St
Coordinates the service between the patient and the department, to ensure that patient food preferences are met and that nutritional requirements are satisfied.
• Makes initial patient visit to determine nutritional needs and preferences.
• Gathers and processes menu selections and diet orders.
• Provides nutritional instruction and information to patients.
• Monitors meal and nourishment services to ensure that patients receive the correct food selections and are satisfied with the service.
• Writes menus for special, regular and modified diets.
• Prepares tube feedings and snack bags.
• Performs functions of the Nutrition Services Supervisor on a limited but regular schedule.
• Collaborates with other clinical and food service personnel.
About an equal amount of time is spent sitting, standing and walking. Consistently operates computer terminal or calculator. Reasonable amount of bending, stooping, kneeling and reaching. Routinely moves, lifts or carries up to 25 pounds, and on occasion, up to 50 pounds. Must have close and intermediate visual acuity. Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with others.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or GED preferred. Basic computer application skills required. Will be required to enroll in, and satisfactorily complete a course on Nutrition within the first six months of employment, if not certified. Certified Dietetic Technician preferred. One year of previous experience working with the public and keeping records required.