Instrument Technician - Full time, 3rd shift - Mercy
This job posting is no longer active.
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 1007
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11051016630180-Sterile Distribution
Location: Charlotte - 2001 Vail Ave
Demonstrates basic knowledge in the areas of decontamination, prep and packing, sterilization, sterile storage, and patient care.
- Adheres to safety standards.
- Identifies manual and/or mechanical cleaning according to the manufacturer’s IFU for all general instrumentation.
- Determines, prepares, and uses supplies required in the assembly process.
- Identifies, inspects, assembles general instruments, checking for cleanliness & functionality utilizing count sheets.
- Packages and labels instrumentation.
- Safely operates sterilization equipment and perform verification and documentation of sterilization process.
- Performs high temperature (steam) and low temperature (gas plasma) sterilization.
Works in-patient care areas independently under stressful conditions. Continuous standing and walking; bending and/or stooping; reaching and/or stretching; pushing and/or pulling heavy loads. Ability to lift to 40 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Certified Sterile Processing Technician (CSPDT) or Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) required within 2 years of hire.