This job posting is no longer active.
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 3471
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005039282-MRI
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Directs and supervises the technical and support staff in the Radiology area. Operates various imaging equipment with a high level of expertise. Troubleshoots sophisticated procedures and develops new techniques for the department. Supervises MRI technologists in day-to-day work activities. Essential Functions
• Coordinates and organizes the patient flow throughout the department, prioritizing procedures and shifting workloads as needed.
• Supervises sophisticated procedures and ensures patient throughput and departmental efficiencies.
• Obtains medications, radiopharmaceuticals, or contrast materials as directed for administration by a licensed practitioner, authorized/certified technologist, or registered nurse.
• Teaches new procedures and keeps technical staff informed of procedure changes or developments.
• Performs evaluations on technical and support staff.
• Provides documentation and reports on equipment/supply needs, physician requests and complaints and routine operational issues.
• Ensures physician or patient complaints are handled in a timely manner.
• Maintains a high level of technical proficiency and knowledge in regards to system management, advanced applications and current applications of the modalities.
• Troubleshoots equipment or procedure problems with appropriate follow-up to service engineers, managers and physicians.
• Regulates equipment quality control tests making the needed adjustments for service.
Requires frequent stretching, bending, twisting, squatting and kneeling in performing diagnostic procedures. Lifting, pushing, pulling and gripping may be required for positioning and moving patients or equipment. Vision and hearing for distances of at least 20 feet is necessary. May be required to carry up to 25 pounds while moving film jackets, stocking supplies or relocating equipment. 50% of the work time will require standing and 50% of the work time will be operating computers and equipment requiring manual dexterity and the use of hands. Precision manual dexterity is required for venipuncture and precise laboratory or pharmacy procedures.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of a formal AMA Approved Technology program required. Registry with either the NMTCB or ARRT and previous supervisory experience required. 3 years’ experience with a thorough background in data processing and tomographic applications required. Must have complete knowledge of current technology and direction. Ability to perform in a busy, high-tech setting.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Related office equipment and supplies.