DVHP Counselor- Atrium Health CMC- PT/PRN
This job posting is no longer active.
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 3530
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005030005-Sexual Assault Treatment Center
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Responsible to provide intervention services for individuals who are in danger of intimate partner violence by conducting safety assessments and planning, counseling and education, and information and referral to appropriate community resources. Provides training, education, and consultation to staff.
- Provides direct services such as safety assessment and planning, community referrals, photo-documentation, follow-up services, and on-call.
- Assists with training DVHP volunteers and interns as needed.
- Strengthens DVHP's outreach in the hospital and community by providing training to various groups and responding to requests from the media as assigned by Leadership.
- Assists with data entry, collection, and review for program outcome tracking.
- Contributes to quality services by staying informed of developments and trends in the areas of domestic violence and counseling skills and assisting in the development and implementation of innovative programs.
Regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, and able to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's Degree in counseling, psychology, social work or related graduate degree from an accredited college or university with domestic violence counseling experience is preferred. Bachelor's Degree with experience is required.