Sanger Heart and Vascular Echo Tech PRN
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 3095
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005032062-Echocardiography
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Performs cardiac ultrasounds with minimal supervision. Performs studies to include 2-D, M-mode, pulsed and color flow ultrasound. Assists the physician with transesophageal echocardiogram studies.
- Performs optimal cardiac ultrasound studies of diagnostic quality.
- Assesses ultrasound studies and evaluates the need for further study.
- Establishes work priorities according to patient needs and time limitations.
- Prepares patient for procedure and assists physician with transesophageal echocardiogram.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families, visitors, physicians, nursing and hospital team members.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Calculates, analyzes and interprets cardiac ultrasound data.
Works in a fast-paced setting with prolonged concentration and critical thinking. Requires frequent walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Intact sense of sight, hear, touch and manual dexterity. Must have good eye and hand coordination. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Exposure to secretions and blood. Confined work area.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Registered Sonographer (RDCS or RCS). Graduate of an accredited Cardiovascular Science Program preferred. Must have knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.