Radiation Safety Specialist Atrium Health FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Date Posted: Mar 24, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 3162
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028343210-Radiology Safety
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Responsible for providing support services to the Radiation Safety Officer. Performs a variety of tasks for facilities required by the North Carolina Radiation Protection Section, Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies.
- Manages the distribution, record management and collection of radiation monitoring devices for facilities.
- Performs X-Ray Physics Testing and records measurements for submission to NC Radiation Protection, Joint Commission and other regulatory standards.
- Manages radioactive waste to include contamination and exposure to surveys.
- Processes waste for disposal and maintains required records.
- Arranges and conducts routine audits of Nuclear Medicine, PET, research labs, Radiopharmacy and Radiation Oncology.
- Performs check-in or shipment surveys and procedures for radioactive packages.
- Assists RSO with physics testing of Nuclear Medicine, PET, CT and MRI in support of ACR accreditation programs.
- Assists RSO or Radiation Oncology staff in radioisotope therapy procedures and special procedures staff with radiation safety services required to augment therapeutic procedures using radioactive materials and radiation sources.
Requires the ability to lift and carry 40 pounds. Frequent walking, standing, bending and pushing.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School diploma required; High School or college coursework related to physics, chemistry, or other sciences beneficial. Must be well organized, independent performer. Specific college coursework relating to radiation physics, Nuclear Medicine or Radiological sciences will provide a distinct advantage.