Nurse Aide/Healthcare Tech - Atrium Health Stanly Medical/Surgical - PT Nights
This job posting is no longer active.
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2021
Albemarle, NC, United States
Job ID: 3036
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11131005530323-Nursing - Medical/Surgical
Location: AH Stanly Main - 301 Yadkin St
- Supports patients/residents with activities of daily living.
- Assists patients/residents with personal hygiene.
- Takes vital signs and height and weight measurements.
- Feeds and ambulates patients/residents according to specific procedures.
- Maintains patient/resident rooms in a clean and orderly condition.
- Observes and reports changes in patient/resident conditions.
- Orients patients/families to unit and instructs patient on safety measures.
- Assists with clerical work such as, including answering phones, entering data and maintaining medical records.
- Maintains stock supply items in inventory management.
- Performs duties as outlined in the scope of Nurse Aide I (per North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide I Tasks List).
- Perform technical tasks with appropriate training such as administering a 12- Lead Electrocardiogram test and routine venipuncture.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger dexterity. Physical abilities testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Current listing with the DFS Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse Aide I. Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support HealthCare Provider certification.