Assistant Manager - ODS - Sterile Processing Distribution
This job posting is no longer active.
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 2986
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005030165-One Day Surgery
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Receives and processes items requiring sterilization from the units and clinics within the healthcare system. Processes charges for items distributed from Sterile Process Distribution (SPD), and is responsible for ensuring quality of the items processed in the SPD department for use in the units. Performs any function as needed to ensure timeliness and continuity of services.
- Assures that all functions are completed promptly and on a daily basis, as assessed through observation and feedback.
- Evaluates the performance and competency of staff and counsels and disciplines staff in an appropriate and effective manner.
- Monitors schedules and adjusts according to work volume and staff developmental needs.
- Assures all sterilization records are accurately maintained.
- Assists unit-nursing personnel with obtaining instruments and supplies.
- Functions as liaison with clinical managers regarding instrumentation or supply issues
- Coordinates purchase of unit instruments and supplies.
- Maintains and revises a receipt delivery and charge system for unit items sterilized by SPD.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Requires bending, stooping, reaching and stretching. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and push and pull heavy loads. Acuity in vision and hearing and dexterity in both hands and fingers required. Intact sense of smell and touch required. Must be able to work under high pressure. Demonstrates ability to remove supplies from shipping boxes and deliver to stock area. Ability to prepare and present programs and changes to various audiences required. Must be able to use various computer software programs.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Graduate of accredited Central Processing or Surgical Technology Certification Program preferred. 2 years central service or surgical experience required. Ability to read, write and comprehend English preferred. Experience in personal computer systems and programs required.