Social Worker MSW- Atrium Health University - PRN
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 3211
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11031005731712-Clinical Case Management
Location: AH University City Main - 8800 N Tryon St
Provides individual/group therapy/educational support services to patients, families, and staff. Also provides discharge planning, crisis intervention, and information/referral services to patients and families receiving care in Faculty Physicians Network practices.
- Provides and evaluates response to counseling/support/education services to patients/families receiving care in the Faculty Physicians Network Practices.
- Interviews patient/family to complete a comprehensive psychosocial evaluation as requested.
- Provides formal/informal education to staff and physicians/providers to help them better understand the emotional, social, and psychological components of the patient's illness and its effect on the family unit.
- Interviews, assesses needs, and refers patient/families to resources for social, emotional, or financial assistance when appropriate and serves as a patient advocate to help in the decision making process.
- Assists patients/families in arranging institutional placements and/or in arranging support in the home.
- Reports suspected cases of child and/or adult abuse/neglect/exploitation. Serves as liaison between hospital, patient/families and Department of Social services during evaluation and investigation.
- Develops and maintains accurate case records of each referred patient.
- Participates in Utilization Review to assure adherence to laws and other federal guidelines.
- Recognizes and provides for cultural, language, and age-specific differences of the patient/family.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting for long periods of time, lifting, reaching, and bending. Must be able to lift 75 pounds in weight, handling office equipment and supplies. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. May require travel to current and potential provider/facility offices. (Use of personal vehicle required). Occasional intermittent noise and exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes, and chemicals.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's degree in Social Work from a program accredited by the council in Social Work Education required. Must adhere to the National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics. 2 years hospital/health-related experience preferred. CCSW preferred. BLS HCP certification from AHA required.