Registered Nurse (RN)-Faith Community Nursing - Concordia Lutheran ChurchPT
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 1026
Job Family: Nursing - Outpatient
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 21071017231710-Leased Employees
Location: AH Cabarrus Main - 920 Church St N
Provides overall assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of holistic health care for individuals of the faith community as well as the faith community as a whole. Collaborates with the pastoral leadership, members of the health committee, resources in the community, and the FCHM leadership.
- Serves as a health educator to the congregation, parish team members and community members.
- Serves as a personal health counselor to congregants, parish team members and community members.
- Serves as an advocate between parishioners and resources where needed.
- Coordinates volunteers and facilitates support groups with congregations. Facilitates and creates support groups within the congregation as needed.
- Advocates for clients through assisting in navigating their health care needs.
- Facilitates communication between the health provider and the client. Advocates for larger faith and county needs.
- Maintains appropriate records and statistical data necessary to document the functions of the Faith Community Nurse.
Moderate lifting, bending, stretching required. Provides own transportation to parish visits and to monthly hospital meetings. Exposure to infectious disease.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required; Bachelors of Nursing preferred. Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse by the North Carolina State Board of Nursing required. 5 years clinical experience required. Completion of Foundations of Faith Community Nursing 34 hours course within 6 months of start date required. Familiar with major trends of holistic health care and able to articulate the concept of the interrelationship of physical, emotional and spiritual health effectively. Knowledge of adult education principles; teaching experience preferred. Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) status meeting hospital's current auto insurance carrier's insurability criteria. Ability to articulate concept of wholistic health preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.