Manager - Coding/Reimbursement - Revenue Cycle
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 2567
Job Family: Medical Records Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 21041017241268-Charge Capture - Adult
Location: Charlotte - 2709 Water Ridge Pkwy
Monitors and oversees the day to day operations within the department. Accountable for the charge capture and claim resolution portion of the revenue cycle. The Manager must have thorough knowledge of ICD, CPT, and HCPCS coding principles.
- Coaches and develops of supervisory team members.
- Works with leadership team to address provider needs and ensures communication is helpful, effective, and consistent.
- Ensures adherence to all departmental policies.
- Develops, implements, and monitors quality assurance reviews.
- Assesses, implements, and continuously monitors workflow and volumes to ensure workload is balanced among team members.
- Assesses and reacts to workflow changes related to departmental growth.
- Ensures effective communication with both internal and external customers.
- Develops, implements, and monitors a comprehensive training program to include career ladder development. Addresses departmental training needs based on
- team member performance and quality reviews.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews as needed. Provides education as a result of these reviews.
- Stays abreast and communicates coding changes (i.e. new codes, new technology, payor requirements).
- Monitors key performance indicators (KPIs) to include, but not limited to, denials, AR Trends, edit volumes, and charge lag.
- Participates in strategic planning and design in coding, regulatory, and system changes that impact coding, reimbursement, and compliance
Works in a fast-paced office/hospital environment. Work consistently requires sitting and some walking, standing, stretching, and bending. Some travel may be required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree or 8 years related experience required. 1-3 years supervisory experience preferred. CPC or coding credential required. Demonstrates professional
presence and effective presentation skills.