*Priority review will be given to Atrium Health, Wake Forest Baptist Health, and Navicent teammates*
Working closely with the Enterprise Vice President, Integration and senior level executives, this position will be responsible for helping to advance Atrium Health’s integration approach and strategy. Candidates will be considered at both the Director and Assistant Vice President level for this role.
This role will focus on three main areas of integration:
1) Design and architecture of the Integration Management Office
2) Capabilities and processes related to system-wide integration
3) Project management and implementation planning of integration.
This role will be accountable for driving integration overall objectives, including value capture and mission impact. This position will also help lead the day-to-day operations of the integration team to achieve stated objectives and enable effective alignment and collaboration between stakeholders. This role will engage relevant stakeholders, including enterprise and clinical teams, in the development and execution of effective integration plans and prepare reports and updates to the relevant Steering Committee.
In partnership with the Enterprise VP, this role will ensure that strategic combinations are successfully integrated into the System. Specifically, delivering on the following objectives:
- Achieve identified synergies and benefits as identified in integration planning
- Minimize disruption of the day-to-day business of the organization;
- Prioritize people and cultural integration
- Enable stakeholders to adopt integration processes
- Develop performance management processes and track synergies
- Standardized approach to integration for future acquisitions (or develop standardized playbook for future integration activities
- Provides thought leadership and direction for the evolving design of the integration process.
- Manages the integration process with new partners by developing strong cross functional relationships and leading with influence.
- Provides leadership and project management across multiple enterprise and clinical teams to ensure timely and effective completion of integration activities.
- Creates and executes a disciplined strategy, process and project plan for the business integration of the new enterprise.
- Manages the integration plans to keep milestones on track and address or identify and escalate major issues and risks that are not being managed effectively.
- Applies tools and process for collecting updates across the integration team relating to progress on key activities, deliverable completion, issues, decision status, etc.
- Identifies operational strategy, organizational structures, and current state business processes to leverage best practices and supporting technology to achieve outcomes.
- Continuously refines methods and tools to be used by the integration teams in support of pre-deal analysis and post-merger integration activities.
Work requires sitting at a desk, working on a computer, talking on the telephone, and preparing reports and other statistical data in an office environment. Must be able to stand, walk and travel in personal car to other facilities. Work also requires the carrying of up to 20 pounds of materials (files, projectors, laptops). Able to work rapidly and accurately under pressure.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited college or university.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong project methodology background, Project Management Professional certification (PMP®) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and drive the implementation of strategic and annual operating plans that ensures people, systems, and processes are coordinated, integrated and aligned for optimal organizational performance.
- Demonstrated executive presence and political savvy among other leaders and executives is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in planning and executing complex projects required.
- Proven ability to build positive, effective relationships, work from a position of influence, and develop effective cross-functional relationships with senior leaders, clinical and physician leaders, as well as diverse management teams to set and execute performance goals.
- Possesses high levels of emotional intelligence and understanding that cultural obstacles may hinder progress and require sensitive handling.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools is required.
- Prior experience managing complex projects and executive stakeholders is required.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.