Assistant Vice President Continuing Care Services
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 3285
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 41011008040501-Administration
Location: APC - 4425 Golf Acres Dr
Manages strategic oversight and operational performance within the division. Provides leadership, guidance, and direction in achieving outcomes consistent with organizational mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives. Assumes leadership responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of clinically effective and efficient systems of care and service within the continuum of care.
his is a nurse leadership position that requires a current RN License.
Post-acute experience in a skilled nursing facility, home health, or hospice setting is required.
- Leads the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of care delivery models and services that meet or exceed customer expectations. Leads the fiscal oversight of allocated resources in order to optimize efficient and effective utilization.
- Provides effective and coordinated leadership of patient care within specified clinical patient service areas.
- Directs oversight functions responsible for compliance with regulatory, accrediting, and 3rd party payer regulations and standards.
- Develops an annual operating budget for assigned areas that encompasses both current and future operational demands.
- Participates in the strategic planning structures and processes with administration, medical team members, and clinical leadership. Assures that appropriate communication occurs with leadership and clinical team members related to hospital operations.
- Promotes the development and use of evidence-based, outcome-driven treatment methods, which are deemed 'best-practice' through comprehensive benchmarking of care provided to patient populations of comparable severity and clinical risk.
- Assures that an effective program is in place to measure, assess and improve the quality of nursing care delivered to patients.
- Maintains flexibility in the business unit which allows for easy transition of resources to respond to changes in practice or demand in the health care market.
Additional Essential Functions
- Provides clinical leadership within the continuing care service line (home health, HME, infusion, pain, sleep, skilled nursing facilities, hospice, inpatient rehab, YMCA HealthCenters, advanced illness management,), possessing a stellar record of executive leadership, unquestioned integrity, high energy, vision, and demonstrated leadership and administrative ability.
- Leads the clinical team in a complex, diverse post-acute system (noted above), representing the service lines effectively to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Serves as the central figure and catalyst to successfully align multiple continuing care facilities and service lines under a common vision and mission for all clinical initiatives and nursing practice.
- Guides Department Leaders in developing goals and objectives consistent with service line, divisional and organizational strategy, mission, vision, and values.
- Is knowledgeable and able to engage in healthcare value discussions. Seeks to educate others and position the division to participate in value-based products and contracts as appropriate and in alignment with the organizational mission.
- Initiates clinical team strategic and operation initiatives that achieve measureable targets, assisting all service lines of the post-acute continuum to maintain national prominence.
- Creates a common strategy for standardization of evidence based clinical practices that relates to and supports the overall continuing care strategy.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable licensing and regulatory requirements, accreditation standards, industry trends, projections and government/payer initiatives.
Additional Training and Certifications
- 5 years post-acute leadership experience.
Work requires walking, standing, and sitting. Works in an office environment. Intact sense of sight and hearing. Must be able to lift 10 pounds of weight. Must be able to respond quickly in stressful situations. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Requires critical thinking and ability to concentrate.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Current RN licensure in appropriate state. MSN required. If undergraduate degree is BSN a master’s degree from a health-related program or MBA is acceptable. Must have MSN if undergraduate degree is not BSN. Appropriate professional leadership certification required within 1 year of eligibility for professional certification exam. Previous leadership experience preferred. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nursing leader.