This job posting is no longer active.
Albemarle, NC, United States
Job ID: 1469
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11131005532058-Cardiology
Location: AH Stanly Main - 301 Yadkin St
Performs cardiac ultrasound studies including 2D, M-Mode, pulsed and color flow, stress echo in a physician office or hospital setting.
· Performs diagnostic echocardiograms and stress echo procedures as ordered by physicians.
· Records quality information while performing echocardiographic imaging and following procedural guidelines and protocols.
· Explains procedures and possible side effects to the patient or family members.
· Confirms all physician requests and evaluates patients’ clinical history for proper clinical indicators and possible contraindications for procedure requested.
· Collaborates with physician to ensure quality patient care.
· Operates equipment used to perform echocardiograms.
· Maintains patient medical records.
· Organizes 3 stages involved in the reporting process: study completion, physician interpretation and final report.
· Submits final reports to appropriate nursing unit, physician office or medical records as requested.
· Performs portable diagnostic echocardiograms.
· Takes call, works weekends and rotates holidays as needed.
Involves exposure to infectious/contagious diseases and hazardous materials. Environment is climate controlled. Light to moderate physical requirements with frequent walking, standing, stooping and reaching. Lifting of up to 200 pounds of weight with assistance. Pushing and pulling of up to 450 pounds.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of a cardiac ultrasound training program required. Completion of certification or registry in Echocardiography (RDCS) required within 1 year of employment. BLS required.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
· Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
· Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
· Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Related medical equipment and supplies.