Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 370261
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Part Time
Shift: On Call
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028337504-Sports Medicine
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
The Athletic Trainer is responsible for providing medical coverage for selected athletic recreational events requiring the unique skills of an athletic trainer in the community. The Athletic Trainer will evaluate and administer programs of athletic training to promote health and safety.
1. Knowledgeable of the principles, practices, standards, and techniques of athletic training.
2. Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with athletes, coaches, athletic trainers, medical staff and public.
3. Acts as a liaison between the Event or School Personnel and the Atrium Health Sports Medicine and Event Medicine.
4. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
5. Adheres to dress code when covering events.
6. Attends mandatory in-services and completes all system requirements such as learning modules.
7. Completes all necessary documentation and record-keeping in a timely fashion
8. Variable and On-call work – preferred weeknights and weekends.Physical Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training from an accredited Athletic Training education program required. Successful completion of the Certification Examination through the National Council for Athletic training required. Licensed in NC and SC as an Athletic Trainer. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
Education, Experience and Certifications