Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 2492
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 47331020243811-Paramedicine
Location: Charlotte - 5315 Morris Field Dr
Functions independently as a member of the Mobile Medicine Paramedicine team and is responsible for the care of ill and injured patients cared for within various departments. Provides patient care while promoting safety and efficiency of Mobile Medicine operations. Performs under the direct supervision of the Medical Control Physician, either by continuous radio contact or direct consultation, providing a professional standard of care and performing any protocols and/or procedures approved for use by Community Paramedic.
The practice of MIH-CP is focused on longitudinal assessment, participation in an existing, multidisciplinary, interprofessional treatment plan, and communication with and referral to other members of the treatment team based on changing patient needs.
• Respects patient rights and confidentiality and complies with all HIPAA and Atrium policies and guidelines with respect to patient confidentiality.
• Provides accurate and legible documentation of patient care with attention to detail to accurately reflect assessment and interventions.
• Provides quality patient care and education in accordance with Mobile Medicine policies and state regulations, as approved by the Medical Directors of Mobile Medicine and professional standards of care.
• Interprets data, reads monitors, and responds with correct intervention to ensure optimum patient care, safety and recovery.
• Participate in Mobile Medicine Performance Improvement activities.
• Administer medications and IV solutions safely, correctly and per policy.
• Maintains flexibility with vehicle assignments including the understanding that vehicle assignments are subject to change from a posted schedule based upon the needs of the department.
• Maintains clean environment to include base and maintaining vehicles in a mission ready status. Accountable to check and verify established minimum transport vehicle supply levels, restock and clean at the beginning of the shift and as needed throughout the shift.
• Maintains the ability to understand, utilize and efficiently integrate technology for longitudinal patient assessment, clinical interventions, physician consults and data collection related to paramedicine.
• Maintains an understanding of ethics as it relates to providing primary care evaluations and access across the spectrum of the patient population.
• Maintains an understanding of cultural competency as it relates to providing primary care evaluations and access across the spectrum of the patient
• Maintains a basic understanding reimbursement payer models (value-based
Day, night, weekend, and on call work may be required. Duties require working and driving in all weather conditions to include exposure to extreme heat, cold, and wet weather. Must not have any physical, emotional or mental impairment to prevent them from riding, driving, or operating in a company owned vehicle or administering patient care. Work areas may include tight spaces and poorly lit conditions. Requires exposure to possible unpleasant conditions and/or handling of contaminated materials. Requires the ability to function in high stress situations and must have the ability to critically think and make rapid and appropriate decisions that ensure the safety for both patients, the public, and teammates. Must have the ability to concentrate. Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Heavy lifting required, with assistance of a partner to load patients, equipment, and be able to carry heavy equipment. Significant physical stamina and endurance necessary to perform duties. Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing, smell and touch and good finger dexterity. Good motor and eye-hand coordination required. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to
include, but not limited to, speaking English in good, understandable terms.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. North Carolina EMT-Paramedic required for duration of employment with Mobile Medicine. South Carolina EMT-Paramedic and National Registry required within 1 year of hire.
Certified Community Paramedic (CP-C) or other CAMTS-designated provider credentialing required within 1 year of hire and maintained for the duration of employment. Maintains required certifications to include ACLS, PALS, BLS, as directed by the Medical Director.
3 years’ full-time experience in an 9-1-1 system functioning at the paramedic level of practice in any setting over any period of time or 3 years’ full-time experience in a comprehensive (non-critical access) emergency department required.
Valid driver’s license required, and individual must have at time of hire and maintain for duration of employment a motor vehicle operator record acceptable to Atrium Health’s insurance carrier/underwriter. Must be able to drive vehicles safely in all types of weather. Knowledge of healthcare, EMS systems, and other regulating organizations including but not limited to local, state, and federal regulations required.