Nurse Aide/Health Care Tech - Carolinas Rebab Main Unit A - FT Nights
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 2274
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 44011011731520-Nursing - Unit A - Rehabilitation
Location: Charlotte - 1100 Blythe Blvd
Works in partnership with the multidisciplinary team to develop, implement and evaluate a holistic plan of care for the patient/family. Influences patient care provided by others through policies and practice standards that guide the delivery of care at the organization.
- Demonstrates the process of planning, organizing, coordinating, and monitoring the services and resources needed to respond to an individual's heath care needs.
- Provides for ongoing evaluation of the individual's progress on the plan, as well as, the effectiveness and appropriateness of the services provided throughout the entire spectrum of the hospitalization.
- Represents the patient in care team and advocates for effective services to assure quality of care and attainment of appropriate goals.
- Integrates knowledge of disease and medical treatments in a holistic assessment of persons while focusing on the differential diagnosis of illness or wellness experiences.
- Identifies any temporary or permanent alterations in function that have resulted from the injury or illness and formulates nursing diagnosis.
- Identifies potential challenges or complications in physiological and/or psychosocial function.
- Assists the individual and family in anticipating needs and making plans for re-entry to home or an alternative living site.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates population-based programs of care by integrating nursing interventions and medical treatments, as appropriate to enhance patient outcomes.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates formal and informal educational opportunities and materials for nursing staff and patients/families in area of specialty.
- Leads multidisciplinary groups in designing and implementing innovative alternative solutions that address system problems and/or patient care issues occurring across the full continuum of care.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English fluently. Must exhibit intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch as well as finger dexterity. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and or unit conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required; Master's in Nursing preferred. License to practice as Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina required; CRRN preferred and/or obtained upon eligibility. 3 to 5 years of related clinical experience in rehabilitation of chronically or catastrophically ill or injured individuals is highly recommended. If employee already has a BSN, they have 2 years to become CRRN certified. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.