Registered Nurse I - Oncology - Ambulatory
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 1865
Job Family: Nursing - Outpatient
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011024332947-Oncology - LCI Medical
Location: Concord - 100 Medical Park Dr NE
Provides professional nursing care to patients in a practice setting through assessment and nursing diagnosis. Identifies outcomes, implements treatment, and coordinates care. Performs and assists with oncology and infusion related treatments, therapies, procedures, and coordination of care.
Levine Cancer Institute – Concord is a Medical-Oncology office providing ambulatory and outpatient care to adult Oncology patients. Our specialized physicians and Advanced Practice Providers work together with clinical support staff including nurses, clinical assistants, pharmacists, social workers, and dieticians to provide collaborative, patient-centered care.
- Collects data pertinent to patients’ health or situation through physical assessment and telephone triage.
- Identifies expected outcomes for patients' individualized treatment plans.
- Implements identified treatment plan and coordinates all aspects of care delivery.
- Provides care to a diverse patient population, ensuring all pertinent clinical information is documented in the patient’s medical record.
- Provides education and counseling to patient and family members regarding identified health needs, health care activities, immunization requirements, medication effects and contraindications, and plan of care.
- Meets specific clinical needs of oncology patients in both the clinic and infusion by using critical thinking, knowledge, and expertise.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible.
- Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and ethical principles.
- Recognizes medication incompatibilities and factors affecting stability.
- Assists with and coordinates chemotherapy referrals, scheduling, orders, and associated patient education.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, pushing and pulling. Work requires lifting 75 pounds. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must possess an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or clinic conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required. BSN preferred. Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state of North Carolina required. Oncology experience preferred. Oncology certification preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
Proficiency in IV therapy, central venous access device care and maintenance, phlebotomy, and bone marrow biopsy assistance preferred.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.