Resource Team- ED Healthcare Tech- Southern Region- night shift, variable
Date Posted: Feb 10, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 2163
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028331661-Nursing - Float Pool
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
The Nurse Aide II (CNA II) assists in providing patient care under the direct supervision and control of the Registered Nurse. Assists in maintaining a clean, safe patient environment and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competencies as appropriate to the needs of the patient population served.
- The resource team ED HCT will float between multiple emergency departments and free standing emergency departments. They will float in a regional model in the Charlotte area. Region 2 is the southern region services Pineville ED and its free standing EDs Steel Creek and Providence, Union ED and its free standing Waxhaw and Anson ED. All resource teammates will cover the central division which is Levine Children’s ED, CMC ED, Mercy ED and Southpark freestanding ED.
- NAII is preferred but NA1/ HCTs will also be considered. Our ED HCTs will function at a high level with blood draws, EKGs, unit secretary work, catheter insertion, fluid priming and other skills. We will cross train as necessary.
- Supports patients/residents with activities of daily living.
- Assists patients/residents with personal hygiene.
- Takes vital signs and height and weight measurements.
- Feeds and ambulates patients/residents according to specific procedures.
- Maintains patient/resident’s rooms in a clean and orderly condition.
- Observes and reports changes in patient/resident conditions.
- Orients patients/families to unit and instructs patient on safety measures.
- Assists with clerical work such as, including answering phones, entering data and maintaining medical records.
- Maintains stock supply items in inventory management.
- Performs duties as outlined in the scope of Nurse Aide II (per North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide II Tasks List).
- Perform technical tasks with appropriate training such as administering a 12- Lead Electrocardiogram test and routine venipuncture.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger dexterity. Physical abilities testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Current listing with the DFS Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse Aide II. Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support HealthCare Provider certification.