This job posting is no longer active.
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2021
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 1688
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 43511040540501-Administration
Location: Monroe - 1411 Dove St
Provides social services and information/referral services to skilled nursing facility (SNF) residents and their families. Coordinates admission, insurance verification and concurrent review, cashier duties, resident trust fund custodian, patient liaison regarding patient billing, tracking, and communicating census activity.
- Coordinates admission process for SNF and informs residents and families about facility policies and procedures and all aspects of residents' rights.
- Assesses and documents psychosocial needs, completes social history, care plan needs and interventions to provide optimal psychosocial outcomes.
- Participates in educational conferences and quality assurance activities.
- Maintains department performance improvement with a focus on safety.
- Creates a departmental culture that promotes excellence in customer service.
- Oversees discharge planning process. Explains and reviews pertinent resources and alternatives and assists in the decision making process.
- Participates in interdisciplinary care plan meeting.
- Interfaces with insurance agencies, DSS, Social Security, and other regulatory agencies.
Requires ability to move independently from one location to another.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field required. 1 year of professional experience required; LTC experience preferred.