RN Clinical Nurse Leader
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 751561
Job Family: Nursing - Inpatient
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005030360-Nursing - 3T Medical/Oncology
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Master's prepared advanced generalist that leads the practice of professional nursing and manages care on an adult inpatient unit. Oversees the needs of individuals and groups of patients and their families by providing evidence based care, monitors patient and health care outcomes and applies best practice nursing strategies for the benefit of patients and their families. Promotes evidence based nursing practice through care of patients and education and supervision of CN I, II, and III, and Nursing Assistants. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Performs or oversees the collection of holistic assessment and the development and implementation of a plan of care.
- Carries a caseload of patients within their microsystem.
- Oversees the management of patient care
- Trouble shoots complex problems in patient care, documents findings and progress in patient record.
- Provides briefings to new care providers and reviews pertinent information for care across continuum.
- Reviews all patient information, including lab & other test results and progress notes in patient health record daily.
- Develops a partnership with care providers and patient/family and ensures that patient goals are set with patient and patient's family involvement.
- Provides or oversees the education of the patient and family to understand illness and self-care concepts.
- Utilizes information technology to obtain evidence-based practices and the latest research to provide current best practice information to care providers on the unit.
- Develops and utilizes tools available to effectively evaluate, summarize and communicate patient's progress toward outcomes to members of the healthcare team, patient, and family.
- Reviews available data on nurse sensitive outcomes and incident reports for the unit/cohort to compare to system wide and national data. Seeks opportunities to make improvements to reduce risk.
- Works with team members, other leaders and physicians to develop and trend performance improvement indicators based on national standards and best practices.
- On a daily basis delegates, supervises and evaluates the nursing care given by others while retaining accountability for the quality of care given to the patients.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Responds quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required. Additional department specific physical requirements may be identified for unique responsibilities within the department by the nurse leader.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. 1 year of experience as a bedside staff nurse required. BSN prepared. Graduate of an approved Clinical Nurse Leader Master's level nursing program. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status per American Heart Association. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse manager.