Director, Infectious Disease
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 2378
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 25311017240504-Administration - Operations
Oversees outreach, program coordination & execution of key product lines for the Infectious Disease service line. Drives and implements Infectious Disease program strategy. Ensures the achievement of goals/objectives and assists in advancing strategic direction of the service line. Manages relationships with hospital and physician partners in the region, coordinates resources across the Infectious Disease care continuum, supports implementation/execution of key product lines including utilization of virtual care technologies/services and participates in product line planning and development initiatives.
- Leads execution and coordination work in the market for key System-wide clinical programs for Infectious Disease such as Ryan White, Infection Prevention, Antibiotic Stewardship Network and Infusion
- Develops detailed work plans, progress management and engagement of key project stakeholders.
- Leads stakeholders towards achievement of major milestones, identifying/overcoming barriers,
- engaging team members and communicating results. Communicates and supports service line leadership goals, priorities, and action items to clinical sub-teams
- Prepares, and presents key deliverables for various audiences (e.g. senior leaders, physicians, hospital leadership, operational leaders).
- Creates and maintains project tracking and reporting tools for internal measurements of interim progress and success.
- Supports achievement of Infectious Disease program goals, including but not limited to growth, quality,
- customer service, performance excellence, employee engagement.
- Partners with Atrium Health departments for product line planning and maintains responsibility for execution of product line plans. Serves as liaison to regional hospital and physician partners.
- Develop and maintain service line-level and product line-level scorecards.
- Assists leadership in developing and managing development of annual capital and operating budgets. Manages deployment of financial resources. Conducts profitability analyses as needed.
- Pursues opportunities to improve the delivery services including efficiency, quality, and superior customer service.
Performs most work under normal office conditions; may include sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking, using repetitive wrist/arm motion or lifting articles up to twenty-five pounds.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Masters Degree in Human Services, Business Administration, or Healthcare Administration required. 2 years supervisory experience, preferably in the healthcare setting, required. Clinical program development experience preferred. A clinical background is very helpful, but is not required.