Date Posted: Feb 4, 2021
Albemarle, NC, United States
Job ID: 1594
Job Family: Respiratory Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11131005533313-Respiratory Care
Location: AH Stanly Main - 301 Yadkin St
• Demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status.
• Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements and ensures and documents that age specific needs are being met as described in the department policies and procedures. Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient and family education.
• Performs respiratory care treatments and oxygen administration. Suctions patients and obtains and runs ABG samples.Physical Requirements
Work requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling objects. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Maybe exposed to hazardous work environment this includes contagious patients and biohazardous materials. Rapid coordination of eyes and hands to fingers. Sufficient noise and disruptions to cause distractions and stress. Hazardous working conditions in which individual is exposed to definite risk of bodily injury through contact with moving instrumentation, chemicals, or body fluids.Education, Experience and Certifications
Must be either currently enrolled in good standing in an accredited Respiratory Care educational program (approved by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care) not exceeding 24 months and must have successfully completed 1 year of such program or a new Respiratory Care graduate with a NCRCB provisional license. NCRCB provisional license cannot extend past one year. Must have completed competency evaluations for each of the duties of the job. Basic Life Support for
Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA is requiredPatient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Operates the following device or devices: IPPB machines, suction equipment, incentive spirometers, ultrasonic nebulizer, humidifiers, resuscitation devices, chest percussors, blood gas equipment, oxygen administration devices and airway clearance devices.