Data Warehouse Developer Sr - IAS Enterprise Data Management
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 827881
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342571-IAS Enterprise Data Management
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Manages all activities related to the development and administration of data warehouse data management process, query and reporting tools, and analytical applications. Analyzes data warehouse/decision support business requirements and associated source systems to design and develop the application architecture and data management architecture. Handles the detailed design specification development, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation associated with implementing and maintaining the analytical applications and data management processes.
- Develops work plans, estimates tasks, and provides budget input for items related to the development of data warehouse data management processes and analytical applications. Provides input into determining project scope and is able to communicate and manage project scope.
- Identifies, defines, documents, analyzes, and obtains customer sign-off on data warehouse/decision support business requirements. Analyzes these requirements to establish the application architecture.
- Establishes the data management architecture through an analysis of business requirements, source system data, and source system application architectures. Evaluate and approve technical architecture and to define the optimal location and configuration of extract, load, and transformation routines. The data management architecture addresses batch architecture requirements such as restart/recovery, automated control total reconciliation, standard control reports, error handling procedures, and automated scheduling of data management processes.
- Coordinates development of extract routines with source system team loads.
- Manages data security including data encryption, user and group management, views, and security modes available for the data warehouse and the data access tools.
- Administers the metadata repository, controlling repository entries, updates, and deletions. Designs the metadata repository with the application developer. Develops procedures for providing customers with central access to refresh status information.
Work is subject to high-level visibility through exposure to administration. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Work requires on call (beeper) to respond to data warehouse production needs. Works in an air-conditioned environment. Must be able to lift, place, and remove equipment up to 35 lbs from floor to waist high tables or shelves six feet above floor level.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred. 4 years experience in designing, implementing, and supporting Data Warehouse/decision support systems.