Date Posted: Feb 3, 2021
Albemarle, NC, United States
Job ID: 2254
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028339624-Pharmacy Administration
Location: AH Stanly - Pharmacy - 301 Yadkin St
Directs, coordinates, organizes, and plans the operation of a business unit and/ or
• Maintains the Pharmacy scope of practice appropriate for the organization’s primary functions.
• Achieves goals on an annual basis supporting the organization's strategic plan.
• Collaborates with other departments to ensure that services are appropriate.
• Manages the drug formulary.
• Assists in preparing annual budget.
• Interprets and administers HR policies.
• Ensures that the pharmacy services are compliant with regulatory standards.
• Develops policies and procedures to promote safe and effective use of medication.
• Coordinates performance improvement and quality activities of the Pharmacy Department.
• Plans new or revised services based on innovation, technology, or regulatory changes.
• Submits a monthly KPI includingexpense variances and performance improvement reports to appropriate committees.
• Oversees staffing to ensure safe patient care.
Requires walking, standing, pushing carts of 50 pounds maximum, and lifting of 20 pounds maximum. Required to frequently stretch, bend, squat, or kneel to perform job. Utilizes appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to minimize exposure to hazardous agents. Takes necessary precautions to avoid inadvertent needle sticks, minor cuts or bruises. Exposed to various conditions throughout the workday such as walking on hard surfaces, climbing stairs and changes in temperature and humidity.
Must be able to perform manipulative skills such as writing, typing, and data entry into the computer and automated dispensing machines. Must have use of both hands, be able to see clearly and read small type. Must be able to speak and be understood by others to communicate effectively. Must be able to hear normal sounds with moderate background noises.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or a PharmD from an accredited school of pharmacy required; Master’s Degree preferred. License in North Carolina or eligible for reciprocity required. 4 years’ experience in a similar position and/or an ASHP accredited residency plus three years supervisory experience required. Knowledge of health care finance and management required. Knowledge of all laws and regulations affecting the practice of pharmacy required. Knowledge of pharmacy and its related subdisciplines, knowledge of formulary development, drug utilization, and quality assurance, proficient written and
oral communication skills required.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably
necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Computers with Microsoft Office, email, internet access, electronic pharmacy medication management systems, electronic medical records, printers, electronic drug information databases, automated dispensing equipment, fax machines.