Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 1850
Job Family: Nursing - Specialty
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11141004831712-Clinical Case Management
Location: AH Cabarrus Main - 920 Church St N
The Care Manager is an integral role within Atrium Health’s Care Management team; a collaborative team that works to facilitate a lifelong, proactive partnership with patients to enhance and personalize management of health related needs. The Care Manager assesses needs, plans, coordinates and evaluates services of patients with the goal of equipping and empowering individuals and their families to easily access resources and adopt healthy lifestyles that will increase their ability to remain in the most appropriate care setting. Care Managers focus on five primary areas: 1) population management, 2) patient self-management support, 3) transitions in care, 4) resource connection, and 5) appropriate resource utilization.
· Works collaboratively and maintains active communication with the multidisciplinary care team including providers, pharmacists, social workers, behavioral health specialists, and nurses to achieve timely, appropriate patient management.
· Utilizes RN process as a framework to focus the activities of the healthcare team on the achievement of optimal outcomes, resource utilization, clinical expertise, and improvement strategies.
· Interacts with patients, professionals, and the community to achieve continuity of care, coordination of services and to document plans of care across multiple care settings.
· Conducts or participates in comprehensive “all-system” needs assessment for identified patients; knowledgeable of appropriate care-related services to match identified needs (including community resources), disease management for health maintenance, and appropriate clinical goal expectations/outcomes for identified population(s).
· Develops and maintains accurate case records of each referred customer/patient. Documents fully and accurately; knowledgeable of and utilizes accurate computer databases and documentation systems.
· Maintains knowledge of various reimbursement criteria and documentation necessary for reimbursement; including Medicaid, Medicare, and Managed Care.
· Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice of nursing evaluating his or her own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statues, rules and regulations.
· Models the mission, vision, values, Standards of Excellence and goals of Atrium Health.
· Supports and contributes to the Patient Centered Care Philosophy by understanding that every staff member is a Caregiver whose role is to meet the needs of the patient.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned and within time frame specified.
Work requires walking, standing, lifting, reaching, bending and stooping. Must lift a minimum of thirty-five pounds’ shoulder high. Ability to travel/drive between various locations is required for this position. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Must have intact sense of sight and hearing, finger dexterity, critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in assignments. Occasional intermittent noise and exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes, and chemicals.Additional department specific physical requirements may be identified for unique responsibilities with the department by the department manager.
Education, Experience and Certifications
BSN required. Masters preferred. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. Two years’ experience required in health care. Experience includes case management/discharge planning in one of the following settings: Acute care, Home care, LTC care, Physician Office or Managed Care company. Must obtain professional certification in a relevant clinical specialty, within one year after meeting eligibility requirements, per departmental policy. If certification is not obtained during the initial testing, an additional 1 year will be allowed for repeat certification testing. Clinical competence in disease management and case management principles. Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills, problem-solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work independently and as a member of the care team. Requires demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in appropriate tools.Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association.