Date Posted: Apr 19, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 1323-OTHLOC-300000013702661
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005032042-Cardiac Rehab
Location: SouthPark - 4525 Cameron Valley Pkwy
Performs and maintains exercise prescriptions, and conducts patient exercise therapy and relaxation sessions as specified. Notifies the leader of changes in the patient's condition, performance and response to treatment. Works closely with other disciplines and specialties within the department and facility as well as patients and families to assure a cohesive approach to patient care.
• Implements exercise programs in the plan of care.
• Assists with transferring patients on/off equipment and provides assistance with adaptive positioning to maximize safety and performance.
• Instructs all users of the facility in the proper operation of exercise equipment.
• Communicates patient's status to physician, physical therapist, clinical staff, Operations manager or nurse manager and works with other disciplines to coordinate patient's schedule and treatment programs.
• Documents daily treatment notes, attendance records, group notes, patient/family education, and charges as needed.
• Monitors patient's performance and tolerance to program.
• Collaborates with appropriate leader in modifying treatment as the patient's status changes.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor Degree in a Health/Fitness field required. Masters Degree preferred. Exercise Specialist certified by the American College of Sports Medicine or eligible to test for the same. ACSM Exercise Specialist preferred. ACLS preferred. If not current, ACLS certification must be completed within six months from date of hire. Experience in exercise programming for healthy and diseased populations, group and individual instruction, exercise prescription, and counseling on healthy lifestyles. Minimum 2 years appropriate experience preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.