Date Posted: Jan 29, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 1080-OTHLOC-300000013766246
Job Family: Protective Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028341814-Security
Investigates (both departmental and System wide) and specific duties and responsibilities in the Security Department. Assists leadership with the activities of all assigned personnel in the performance of their duties to ensure the safety and security of the hospital employees, patients, visitors, and property through the preservation of peace and order, the prevention, detection, the protection of persons and property, and the performance of other tasks relating to the welfare and safety of Atrium Health.
- Assists leadership in development of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures for both the Security Department and Atrium Health. Ensures the procedures are followed by staff in the performance of their duties.
- Assists in planning and creating security related programs and presentations to assist in the protection of persons and property at Atrium Health. This includes newsletters, crime trend analysis, ACE modules and specialized security related programs for specific personnel.
- Conducts internal investigations involving security personnel. Investigates all incidents (to include civil, external and proprietary investigations).
- Educates all personnel within the Security Department on intelligence matters.
- Installs and maintains video surveillance systems.
- Develops and issues BOLO (Be On Look Out) notices as needed to assist in detection and apprehension of suspicious subjects on Atrium Health properties.
- Acts as liaison to outside agencies (such as Police Departments, US Government agencies, other security companies) in a supportive role when Atrium Health properties are involved.
- Assists with presentations, programs and security audits and inspections of Atrium Health properties.
- Assists with recruitment and retention of Atrium Health Security personnel and Security staff training as needed.
Fast paced, exposure to combative and irrational individuals. Walks/stands for extended periods of time. Exposed to all weather elements.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Associates Degree required. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Valid NC/SC driver’s license required. 1-3 years healthcare related experience required.