Date Posted: Jan 28, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 448
Job Family: Patient Accounting/Registration
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028341275-Patient Financial Services - Correspondence
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Manages the Correspondence and Specialized Billing department. Responsible to ensure that the Correspondence department core processes are covered daily which includes the mail, Check Attachments, Front Desk Back-up coverage, scanning, Hyland Coding/Keying, Correspondence Denials, etc and manages the AR for the Specialized Billing department which includes the Non-Atrium Lab, MedCenter Air and LifeShare in Oracle as well as the EPIC Client Billing. Also, responsible for coordinating the activity of personnel in the assigned area.
• Assists with hiring, training, annual performance appraisals, Productivity/QA and disciplinary action (if necessary) for all assigned employees.
• Reviews assignments and delegates tasks to appropriate personnel.
• Monitors performance to ensure accuracy and timeliness of completion.
• Coordinates as a liaison within department, third parties, consultants, insurance companies and/or patients.
• Delegates necessary assignments to appropriate personnel.
• Demonstrates sound judgment and discretion relating to efficient operation of departmental functions.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Work in fast-paced office environment with numerous interruptions. Work requires good concentration, detail-oriented, and ability to make sound decision at rapid pace. This position requires long periods of sitting throughout the day. Must be physically able to move around the office daily and often, as well as move to other facility offices both on-site and off-site. Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds. Must be able to reach and bend on a moderate level.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Patient Accounting experience required.