Vascular Ultrasound Technologist II Sanger Heart & Vascular FT
Date Posted: Jan 25, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 1272
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 26511044232045-Vascular Service
Location: Ballantyne - 15110 John J Delaney Dr
Provides high quality diagnostic non-invasive vascular testing for diagnosis and treatment of vascular disease. Performs exams in accordance with departmental protocols ensuring highest quality of care to patients in the vascular laboratory.
- Verifies physicianï¿½s orders and reviews patient record prior to exam.
- Performs basic vascular ultrasound testing according to accredited vascular laboratory protocols, ensures patient comfort throughout exam.
- Recognizes and documents abnormal pathologies according to imaging protocolsï¿½ as necessary to support diagnosis.
- Provides physician detailed preliminary report
- Enters measurement data and final report into cardiovascular reporting system
- Ensures equipment is cleaned and functioning in accordance with manufactures guidelines
This position requires light to moderate physical effort with lifting and moving patients, equipment and supplies. Requires sitting, standing reaching, bending, pushing and pulling. Intact sense of sight and hearing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of a CAAHEP vascular sonography program with RVT or RVS credentials required. Two years of experience required. BLS certification required. Meets all requirements of a Vascular Ultra Tech/MG/Clinic I and a minimum of five competencies required: Renal Artery Doppler, Visceral Doppler, Thoracic Outlet, Cold immersion testing, Allenïs testing, Fistula mapping, post-operative AVF evaluation. Post procedural Doppler lower arterial (Stents, bypass angioplasty), EVAR, Venous reflux, Venous procedure (sterile scrub tech) Ulcer bed sclerotherapy siting. Iliac vein study- May Thurner. Iliac vein stent evaluation. Post venous procedure EHIT evaluation. Carotid stent or bypass.