Date Posted: Jan 21, 2021
Huntersville, NC, United States
Job ID: 610
Job Family: Nursing - Inpatient
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 43511033031526-Nursing Administration
Location: Huntersville - 12019 Verhoeff Dr
• Rounds routinely on all areas and shifts to assess overall efficiency and productivity and gain insight into resident care, teammate, and physician satisfaction and appropriateness of resident care.
• Guides the staff in understanding and compliance with state and federal laws concerning healthcare services and practice, compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, and policies and procedures of Carolinas Healthcare System.
• Functions as a team member to accomplish goals and objectives of the clinical units and the organization, upholding quality management, resident care, and departmental standards.
• Demonstrates competence in the application of principles of management and clinical supervision.
• Assists nurse leaders as needed with coordination of communication at regular intervals throughout the shifts via huddles, rounds, or other types of meetings to exchange information and promote dialogue.
• Assists with appropriate utilization of resources (human and fiscal) to meet resident/resident care needs.
• Supports and contributes to the Resident Centered Care Philosophy by understanding that every teammate is a Caregiver whose role is to meet the needs of the resident.
• Practices ethically.
• Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
• Promotes shared governance and decision making activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes and promotion.
• Assures the hiring, orientation, training and evaluation of all clinical and clinical support staff is adequate to support quality outcomes, a competent and caring workforce, and employee retention.
• Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
• Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
• Contributes to quality nursing practice.
• Collaborates with the medical director in support of quality clinical care and evidenced-based practice.
• Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
• Collaborates with healthcare consumer, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
• Evaluates her or his own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
• Utilizes appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
• Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
• Participates in committees, shared governance, or other facility decision making activities.
• Models the mission, vision, values, Standards of Excellence and goals of the Carolinas Healthcare System.
• Assumes full responsibility of organization/facility operations in the absence of the Administrator.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Current RN license in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license required in the state where the RN works. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association. Minimum five years nursing management experience required, preferably three years of recent experience in a skilled nursing or retirement community. BSN required, MSN, MHA, MPH or equivalent preferred. Gerontological nursing certification preferred.
RESIDENT POPULATION SERVED
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the resident population served.
PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
MACHINES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT
All related medical equipment, office, equipment, and supplies.