Cancer Program Development Specialist - Levine Cancer Institute
Date Posted: Jan 19, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 466
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011036643613-Outreach Services - LCI
Location: LCI - 1021 Morehead Medical Dr
Develops the community network program within the department and serves as an interface between the general public, hospitals, and medical professionals for the purpose of expanding cancer awareness. Works closely with the corporate communications and marketing department on targeted cancer initiatives and campaigns both locally and regionally. Provides independent leadership and management support for selected cancer related fund development programs and activities.
- Develops educational awareness programs specific to the needs of the cancer center service area.
- Plans, implements and oversees the management of specific fund development activities specific to the cancer program under the approval of the Foundation.
- Supports the implementation and development for all community based educational programs, including needs analysis, background research, and the determination of goals and objectives.
- Responds directly to any public inquiries with questions relevant to the program.
- Develops and maintains relationships with various community constituencies in support of fund development activities for the cancer program.
- Works closely with the Foundation to identify growth strategies and opportunities for new fund development.
- Supports the coordination and direction of special events sponsored by the cancer center such as workshops, seminars, promotional activities, and educational programs.
- Works closely with the corporate communications and marketing department in support of current marketing initiatives and identifying new opportunities to expand marketing efforts in local and regional markets.
- Assists in the development, utilization and distribution of printed and audiovisual materials including updating of the website.
- Attends community health fairs.
- Coordinates budgeting and financial planning information.
Works in patient care areas, physician offices, clinical and office areas. Work requires walking, bending, standing and sitting. Must be able to move audiovisual equipment up to 25 lbs, to areas throughout the hospital campus. Requires critical thinking skills, concentration and the ability to respond quickly in stressful situations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in Public Health, Public Relations, Social Work or Nursing required. 2 years experience in health care or health care related sales, communications, marketing or public relations. Valid state vehicle operator's license.