This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 809002
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: Conversion Only - Department
Location: Conversion Only – Loc
Position: Vice President, Radiology
Division: Radiology Enterprise Shared Services
Direct Leader: SVP – Supply Chain, Lab, Imaging, & CPO
Location: Charlotte, NC
The Vice President, Radiology is responsible for all diagnostic and interventional Radiology services provided at all current and future market Atrium Health Enterprise (consisting of regional systems based in Charlotte, Macon, and Winston-Salem) facilities including acute care and outpatient facilities; Radiology support services; and oversight of enterprise interests in Imaging Joint Ventures. These services are provided at regional hospitals, hospital-based outpatient imaging centers, community-based health pavilions, and free-standing imaging centers.
Primary activities include development of strategic direction for the Radiology service line at the Atrium Health Enterprise; oversight of the quality, service levels, capital planning, cost and operational integrity of Radiology services; regulatory compliance and accreditation; effectiveness of Radiology support for clinical and mission-based programs; and advancing the Atrium Health Enterprise strategy.
In addition to oversight of daily operations, the Vice President, Radiology Services is responsible for physician and nursing relations; academic practice plan, radiologist professional service agreements, coordination of Radiology services with clinical programs; maintaining leading-edge radiology PACS IAS infrastructure; direction of technical operations, radiation safety, chemical hygiene and safety programs; development and execution of the quality plan; and compliance with NRC, OSHA, Joint Commission, FDA and other applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies.
Working closely with enterprise executive, senior leadership and Clinical Radiology Leadership/Medical Directors to provide the highest level of care to our patients.
Identify and predict the data and analytic needs of the enterprise and proactively work to ensure that this information is delivered in an actionable and timely manner.
Working in close partnership with executive ambulatory leadership to build, test, and disseminate best practices for delivery of primary care and preventative health services.
Drive innovation within Radiology Services to support the future needs of the system.
Working in partnership with Facility Market Leaders, clinical service lines, Clinical Radiology Leadership and business unit executive leadership to provide clinical and analytical insight/vision to advance plan development, execution and evaluation for imaging needs in the various markets.
Developing relationships with and providing imaging mentorship to clinical researchers across the combined System to promote implementation science, health services research, health economics, complexity science, bioinformatics, and epidemiology.
Maintaining a portfolio of externally and internally funded research initiatives that support the mission of the enterprise.
Publishing and presenting findings at national or international meetings that demonstrate the Atrium Health Enterprise as a leader in implementation science and care transformation.
Work with the Community Outreach team to provide clinical insight and demonstrate the use of outcomes data to engage the community, identify opportunities to improve community health, and evaluate the effectiveness of interventions and investments made by the Atrium Health Enterprise in this domain.
Create an environment marked by high employee morale, world-class quality and service delivery and continuous quality improvement. In collaboration with Human Resources, create opportunities for succession planning and career development for teammates in Radiology.
Work with Clinical Radiology Leadership to set the strategic direction for Radiology Equipment planning and capital forecasting to achieve best pricing from vendors, in collaboration with enterprise Supply Chain Management / AHSCA teammates.
Leads team in proactively consulting with departments to improve department performance by providing system and process recommendations, as well as to implement system and process improvements as identified by departments.
Is knowledgeable about the Atrium Health Enterprise business models, the consumer, competitive, political and social environments in which the enterprise operates.
Coordinates the effective administration of the academic mission to include undergraduate and graduate medical education, and the pre- and post-award submission and administration of departmental contracts and grants in accordance with sponsor's requirements regarding records, reports, controls and conditions governing expenditure of funds.
Assists with philanthropic activities within the department including annual reports for donors.
Oversees the development and administration of the academic compensation plan.
Facilitates recruitment of faculty including preparing pro-forma, assisting the chair with negotiation of packages and facilitating on-boarding of faculty.
Integrates the clinical, educational and research missions to maximize performance in each in accordance with department goals. Prepares reports of department goals/achievements for the annual Dean’s report, and facilitates departmental integration with institutional centers, institutes and cores.
MHA or MBA in health care or business administration required
Radiologic Technologist or comparable certification or Bachelor's degree in business, biologic or physical science preferred
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
Considerable experience in complex, multi-facility radiology operations, academic medical center, physician practice and private practice models
Minimum 10 years of progressively more responsible radiology management experience required
Demonstrated knowledge of Legal contractual experience
Strong negotiating skills
Experience within an integrated, academic health care system is desirable
Solid understanding of the acute care environment is essential
Knowledgeable in CON regulatory environments
Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all members of the health care team
An excellent communication, verbally and non-verbally
Proven track record of excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Demonstrated experience in developing high-performing teams
Ability to work collaboratively as a team member and respond creatively to a rapidly changing environment
Ability to apply process improvement techniques such as Six Sigma LEAN/Toyota Production System for maximum quality, efficiency with teammate involvement
Enterprise Leadership Imperatives:
Thinks Critically and Strategically
• Engages in rigorous problem-solving definition, data collection, and analysis, then makes good decisions in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Recognizes important patterns in complex environments, distills the essence, and communicates through “powerful simplification.”
• Sees the big picture and has a long-term perspective, while balancing it against short-term realities.
Envisions and Enacts the Future
• Creates and communicates compelling visions of exciting, achievable futures.
• Mobilizes people and transforms organizations to realize the vision.
• Catalyzes innovation and builds supporting capabilities.
• Is a committed steward of the Atrium Health Enterprise culture.
Connects and Collaborates Across the current and growing Atrium Health Enterprise
• Recognizes the critical importance of integration and collaboration in achieving high performance.
• Convenes and nurtures cross-system teams and works effectively in the “white spaces.”
• Seeks win-win outcomes and puts the well-being of the patient and the overall organization first.
• Leads effectively across cultures.
Builds and Leads Inclusive, High-performing Leadership Teams
• Understands the value of diversity in teams and gets the best out of all people.
• Establishes trust and creates a culture of psychological safety to enable candid debate.
• Builds consensus; decides when necessary.
• Delivers outstanding results through others.
Understands and Shapes the External Environment
• Is deeply knowledgeable about the Atrium Health Enterprise business model and the consumer, competitive, political and social environments in which the organization operates.
• Understands the importance of actively engaging with and shaping these environments.
• Identifies, assesses and builds relationships with key stakeholders.
• Mobilizes and directs supporting capabilities in public affairs, communications and government relations to achieve desired outcomes.
Builds Talent for and Across the System
• Demonstrated personal accountability for developing future generations of enterprise-wide regional leaders who reflect the diversity of communities we serve.
• Engages actively with colleagues in assessing and developing executive talent, focusing on competencies and character.
• Invests time in coaching and mentoring high potentials for success.
• Is a role model, embodying the best of Atrium Health Enterprise’s culture.