Date Posted: Jan 18, 2021
Rock Hill, SC, United States
Job ID: 62
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 21031045339243-Radiology - Diagnostics
Location: Rock Hill - 1656 Riverchase Blvd Rock Hill
ARRT who performs basic Radiologic exams. Utilizes radiation safety practices to provide a high quality examination.
• Performs Radiologic exams as ordered by physician.
• Performs routine exams in accordance with the department standard operating procedures.
• Checks requisitions for physician notes and special instructions.
• Consults with radiologist or physician as necessary.
• Selects proper radiation exposure according to patient density.
• Operates equipment as directed by demands of individual exams.
Requires strenuous physical activity of walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, and bending. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 75 pounds in the handling of patients and medical equipment and supplies. Must possess an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and clinic conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED. Successful completion of an AMA approved Radiologic Technology Program required. Current registry with ARRT (or eligible). 1 year experience preferred.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
All related medical equipment, office equipment, particularly computer and telephone equipment and supplies.