Job ID: 841781
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2021
Oversees the activities of clinical performance and outcomes reporting. Works with internal and facility teams to develop data management processes and reporting for comparative purposes across the enterprise. Creates data packages for facility and corporate leadership for decision making through strong understanding of performance improvement techniques necessary to influence change and modify systems
• Develop data products, such as descriptive and comparative statistics for surgical quality and/or research projects, and data visualization platforms.
• Measures surgical outcomes and improvement for the Department of Surgery
• Supports Department of Surgery faculty, administration, residents, and Fellows with research and quality initiatives
• Ability to use best statistical and data management practice to provide and communicate analysis to key stakeholders such as surgeons, advanced practice providers, nurses and other clinical providers
• Provides support and monitors assigned surgical projects
• Assists with developing data and analysis processes to ensure uninterrupted delivery of reports
• Promotes the philosophy, mission and administrative policies of Atrium Health to ensure quality surgical care and patient outcomes
• Provides education to users of analytics applications such as PowerBI, as well as support to internal teammates.
• Plans, oversees, and evaluates performance improvement reporting activities for assigned facilities.
• Supports facility leadership with information necessary for overall day-to-day quality activities, decision support and Board oversight preparation.
• Identifies leading practices for achievement in quality improvement and shares with key stakeholders to hardwire best practices
• Compiles, analyzes and distributes pertinent clinical data as it relates to outcomes and resource utilization; provides support and monitors assigned facilities; responds to user based questions and training requests, and follows-up based on variation.
• Ensures on-going system trending is maintained and assessed to identify priorities and opportunities for improvement; continuously generates ideas for improvement.
• Assists in the development of quality goals and provides supporting data to achieve these goals.
• Works collaboratively with various departments to achieve facility and enterprise quality and safety goals.
• Assists with the development and revision of policies and procedures to enable continuous quality improvement.
• Provides analytical leadership and consultative services; serves as the primary liaison with tool vendor.
• Assists with ambulatory, post-acute and regional quality activities, as applicable.
• Promotes the philosophy, mission and administrative policies to ensure quality care and patient safety.
• Provides direct education to users in clinical applications, as well as support to trainers in the field
Can clearly communicate verbally, in person, and in writing with patients, families, agencies and the healthcare team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency and make sound decisions. Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Within limited time elements, carries out responsibilities in a professional manner always, as well as possesses ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other teammates on an individual and team basis. Works in an office environment which requires long periods of sitting and computer use. Travels to facilities in personal vehicle as needed
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred. RN or other clinical licensure preferred. Certification in health care quality, patient safety or related regulatory entity preferred. 3 years quality improvement experience required (Preferably in tertiary care setting). Additional experience in post-acute and ambulatory quality preferred. Certification and knowledge of Lean concepts preferred. Advanced computer skills, and direct knowledge of data analysis techniques including statistical displays at a macro and micro level required. Advanced business communication skills preferred.
• Experience in a clinical setting or clinical data analysis preferred
• Advanced computer skills and knowledge of data analysis techniques including statistical analysis, basic modelling, and PowerBI or Tableau.
• Willingness to learn machine learning or other advanced modelling concepts and Azure.