HR Consultant I
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 385
Job Family: Human Resources
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342302-Human Resources Talent Acquisition and Workforce Admininstration
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Provides consultative support for human resource issues and initiatives which impacts leaders and teammates. Makes recommendations to leaders for the development, design, and roll out of programs and initiatives with guidance from HR leaders and team members. Partners with subject matter expert on policies, procedures, and fundamentals of all core areas of human resources.
- Interprets the System's policy and procedure, and provides advice to management relating to possible consequences for employment actions taken which deviate from standard policy and practice or federal and/or state employment laws. Assesses exposure to legal risk when such actions are viewed to be in violation of federal or state employment laws, consulting leadership as needed.
- Serves as point person for issues/concerns regarding division database management and reporting.
- Consults with leaders to develop and recommend HR solutions and the development, selection, implementation and management of HR strategies.
- Assists leader to plan, develop and manage HR programs and services.
- Makes recommendations for the development and implementation on HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Provides HR expertise, including advice and counsel, to leaders for assigned HR Division strategy development and execution.
Work requires typing, filing, use of telephone and sitting for prolonged periods of time. Stretching, bending, reaching, pushing and pulling are required a moderate amount of the time. May lift and carry up to 40 pounds on an intermittent basis. Some standing and walking is required. Must speak and understand English fluently. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate and concentrate effectively. Good hearing is required for related communications
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required. 2 years of related experience required. 2 years of experience in Human Resources preferred. HR certification (i.e., CCP, PHR, SPHR or CEBS) preferred based on role. Has excellent oral and written communication skills. Has strong computer and customer service skills. Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred. Proficient in PeopleSoft and a similar HRIS preferred.